Maio 14, 2024, 11:55:37 pm

Servidor TS

Discord Server

Mapa

Bem-vindo, Visitante. Por favor faça o Login ou o Registro.
Perdeu o seu e-mail de ativação?
Maio 14, 2024, 11:55:37 pm

Login com nome de usuário, senha e duração da sessão

Autor Tópico: Dicas Gerais Pra Otimização De Fps No Bugon  (Lida 5810 vezes)

Offline =INSOC=

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
    • http://
Dicas Gerais Pra Otimização De Fps No Bugon
« Online: Fevereiro 01, 2005, 08:04:40 pm »
Salve amigos!!! Postei primeiro no meu esquadrão VF1 Marinha e repasso pra vcs...

Seguinte, coletei na internet (depois posto os créditos) num fórum, uma série de dicas muito bem vindas sobre como aumentar os FPS do Lo-mac... Está em englês, não traduzi por preguiça :lol:  mas se alguém quiser explicação, terei prazer em dá-la...
PS: alguns links tvz não funcionem. Me desculpem. :-)

Segue:
Heres some tips I have found and just thought I would share them with you.

Video Card Drivers
Regarding Drivers,
Nvidia 45.23
ATI 3.9 Catalyst. (also note to try the hotfix)
ATI users should note that if they have problems using this driver to send feedbask to
http://apps.ati.com/driverfeedback/index.asp
In the meantime try the 3.7 drivers as people seems to like these, and if you are missing textures try the 3.7 also.

Try 16bit Colour
Try using 16bit colour instead of 32bit setting in the game. I can barely notice the differnce and it gave me a good boost in FPS.
Try a differnt resolution
Remember the videos UBI showed before Lock On was released. They were at 800 x 600!!

Having Problems with settings not staying
To do this goto Lock On folder (usually something along the lines of C:\programs files\ubi soft\egale dynamics\lock on) Right click on the folder goto properties. Under the "general" tab make sure that "read only" is not marked. If it is unmark it. A window will pop up saying "Confirm attribute changes" make a mark next to "Make changes to this folder, subfolder and files" The reason you are doing this is because some files and folders contained in Lock On need to be changed from with in the game. If they are a "read only" file they cannot be changed. For example, changing your ghaphics option within the game may not "hold" unless this done.

Hidden Su-27 Training Tutorial
1 - Open the Lock On/Missions/Tracks/Training folder and copy the "TrainingData.txt" file.
2 - Open the Lock On/FUI/Resources folder and paste the file overwriting the original.
3 - Start Lock On and enter the Training menu.
4 - Press the Su-27 button and there you will see four training tutorials with the 4th being CAC/LMA training.

Declassify your campaigns
By doing the following will allow you to chage differnt settings in the campaigns for Lock On.
1. Go into the campaign and choose the campaign you want to fly. Choose "save as" and save it under a different name.
2. Classify the campaign with your own password.
3. Declassify the campaign with your password.
4. Now you can edit the campaigns, ie change loadouts, aircraft markings, clouds, etc.
5. However, each time you go into the next campaign, mission, you'll have to declassify it and you can make the changes. Works very well and allows people to change the settings.

Give LockOn a High Priority
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high "xxx"
in place of the xxx put the target or just insert the line above (minus the "xxx") in front of the target. For XP and 2000 only.

If you are having "Training Mission Issues"
Having Problems with Training Mission -
- set screen resolution to 1024x768
- set cockpit field of vision to 60 degrees
- disable the mouse view control
- turn off the mirrors
- enable HUD in Russian option
- do not press any keys during track playback except maybe "S" key to pause/unpause the playback."
- make sure mouse look is off

Stormy weather dropping your framerate?
Declassify the mission and change the weather to another one. Password is "eagle"

Change your clouds
Snowman found this posting regarding changing the clouds to a lower res to give a healthy incrase in framerates
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/mess...mac_gd&id=zrwcx
They look good too
Tahnks to Snowman for passing this one along and to Bobocop for the textures.

Want to Check your FPS
In game you can press "Ctrl+Baskspace" If you press it twice it will give you some more in depth information.
You can also try a program called "FRAPS" This will also give you an average FPS

Try turning off sound hardware acceleration
To turn off sound acceleration . Start&goto; Run. type "dxdiag"&gotoclick the tab at the top called "sound". You will notice a box here called "Direct X Feature" with a slider underneath it. change this to "No acceleration"
This one helped me alot.

Getting Screaming cound
Try changing your PCI latency in the BIOS. I changes this from the default 32 up to 128 and noticed a framerate increase. This does seem to help a little but could slow other functions(anything that is CPU intensive ie mp3 encoding)

Tweak your graphicsd.cfg file ALT-Tab to desktop ALT-Tab to desktop
I saw this biohazcentral and just though I would post a link for it here. This sounds a little risky, but judge for yourself. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?showtopic=3643

ALT-Tab to desktop
Sounds just weird enough to work. Start a game and ALT-Tab out to the desktop and Alt-Tab back in. Many reports of an increase in FPS. Some people have even say they can now have AA and Heat Blur on. Hmmm.

Missing Key Card?
Seems as though the manufacturer forgot to include the key card for the first 30,000 copies of Lock On. If you didnt get one just contact UBI Support at 919-460-9778 and they will mail you out one. Or you can download it off of UBI's support website.

No Manual
Yes its true.. Lock On does not ship with a printed manual. You can goto www.lockon-manual.com and order one. There is also a manual in the docs
folder of your installation.

Some known issues

Win98 and WinME users are having a very hard time (if any) in getting Lock On running.

A glitch with an the civ traffic. It seems to reset itself. Ubi said they are aware of this.

Trying to install from a cdrw or dvd-/+rw you may have install issues. This is a copy-protection issue. Check with UBI tech support for the latest on this.

There is an issue with the F15's BVR scan volume controls. Seems you connot use them more than one time per in game session. Dev's are aware of the problem and are looking in to it.

Track IR issue.. Recenter on your lap. Devs are working to resolve this issue.

Asus A7N8X has a severe lag issue in multiplayer.

Forcefeedback joysticks may not a effects or center correctly. Some users have found this file to be helpful in getting their forcefeedback joystick to center
http://toca.game-editing.net/dl?f=rtc.zip
then, run the "rtc 1.3beta" application.
Stat the program, but don't close it, then start lock-on and when you are in the game, tape the F10 button.
Another possible workaround for Thrustmaster Afterburner FF joystick users is to enable "default spring" to "always on" (WinXP).

In Game settings
Forget our egos and try lower settings

Graphic options

Haze - Basic This is a big FPS killer. Try advanced too. This seems to be less of an issue on some 256 meg cards

Water - Low There is also med, high, very high. Even on top end systems very high setting this will bring'em to a slide show.

Colour - 16bit, as I have found the game looks just the same as 32bit in my eyes

Heat Blur - Major FPS killer. Besides you cant see it when you are flying anyways This does not work with the A-10

Resolution - Try 1024 x 768. I have a 21" monitor And It looks Great!

Terr Prld - Terrain Preloading. The best way I can sort this out is if you plan on playing at 1600 x 1200 res you would want this to be 100km, but for lower res usage, say up to 1024 x 768 set this to 50km.

Cockpit graphics option

Reflections - off - FPS killer
Mirros - Off - FPS Killer
Mirror resolution - If you have to have mirrors Try the lowest first.

Bios Tweaks
1 - If you have 1gig or more of memery set your "AGP Aperature" size to "256". If you have "512" - "768" a good setting is "128" and less than "512" a "64" setting is good. *Although theere seems to be alot of different views on this. I think the best think to do is try each setting and watch your framerates using a tool like "FRAPS". This will not increase your FPS but may remedy some of the "micro-stutters" some have mentioned.
2 - Ckeck and make sure you have AGP 4x/8x Enabled and not 2x.
3 - Check that ‘Video BIOS Shadowing’ is Disabled if your BIOS has this option.
4 - Check that ‘PCI/VGA Palette Snoop’ is Disabled.
5 - Check that ‘Memory Hole At 15M – 16M’ is Disabled.
6 - If you have an Sound Blaster or other add on card make sure you have on board sound disabled
7 - If your BIOS has a setting for "CPU Level 1 Cache" and "CPU Level 2 Cache" enable them
8 - Enable "Delay(ed) Transaction". This is for older non 2.1 compliant PCI devices
9 - Try disabling "Hyper-Threading" Only for P4 Some people say this helps FPS
10 - Adjust your PCI latency in BIOS. Some motherboards do not have this option or are fixed(cannot be changes). This has pro's and con's to it, but can increase your framerate some. Read the following
thread. I am not responsible for this tweak. Use at your own risk. http://oldsite.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ul...c;f=37;t=002496

Run MemTest
Alot of people have been finding out that they have a bad stick of ram. This could be one of the reasons for CTD's.

Windows Tweaking

1 - If you dont use messenger (MSN Messenger) remove it from your system. Copy and paste the following into your command prompt.

rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection BLC.Remove 128 %SystemRoot%\INF\msmsgs.inf
2 - Set your paging file to the same size. This may or maynot be a benifit to you. Opions vary on this one. Control Panel> syatem> Advanced Tab> Performance Settings> Advanced Tab> change button under Virtual Memory> click on "custom size"> enter your values into the "initial" and "Maximum"size settings so they match. A general rule of thumb is to run 1.5X your memory. I see a value of 1024 being ideal for users with more than 768mg of ram.
3. There is a good read at http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm about the services running. You may be able to turn some of these off and gain some FPS.
4. Check your Event Viewer for any errors. This is located in control panel> performance and maintenance> administrative tools> event viewer.
5. Run a good defrag .Something I have been doing is removing my swap file> restarting> Defraging> set the swap file up again> Restart. Some people beleive that a fixed swap file is best (ie having the same size for the min and max).

There is one more tip. Read the readme. I know alot of questions are answered in there.  

É isso galera... Tem ainda mais, um... Este sim muito importante. Embora diminua a qualidade gráfica, melhora em 50% os Frame rates do Bug-on... Abraços...

segue mais um:

open the graphics cfg file,
scroll down to LandLodDistances,
edit the LandDay values TO,

L01 = 8000;
L12 = 15000;

these are the same values as LandNight,
you can also try changing the MFD a bit further down in the same list.

Bem, este funciona messsssssssmo!!!

Abraços amigos... =*=INSOC

Offline =FN=AirMan

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #1 Online: Fevereiro 01, 2005, 08:39:28 pm »
Grato pela colaboração Insoc,caso a ala venha a ser oficializada teremos tutoriais como esses e varios outros q ja estao sendo traduzidos para consultas.

Sua ajuda é bem-vinda,como tbm a de quem queira enriquecer as informações a respeito do Lomac,ja tenho um vasto material para ser postado e na medida do possivel vamos nos adptando ao simulador,seja quem tenha um bom PC ou quem tem uma maquina mais simples,o q vale é a participação e a boa-vontade.

Abraço,

"Air"...

B)  
... A grandeza não consiste em receber honras,e sim em merecê-las ...

Offline =FN=Powred

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #2 Online: Fevereiro 02, 2005, 12:42:54 am »
VAMOS TRADUZIR ISSO AEEEEEEEEE :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  :blink:  :blink:  
ASUS PRIME Z270K, 16GIGAS DDR4 KINGSTON, SSD 850 EVO 500 GB GFORCE GTX 1070 ,  MONITOR ACER GN246HL a 144hz, I7 7700K.

Offline =INSOC=

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #3 Online: Fevereiro 02, 2005, 08:36:56 am »
Fala Powred,

Pô rapaz, eu só num traduzi pq é um pouquinho grande... Hehehehe... Mas vou ver se me sobra tempo e tento sintetizar um pouco e em português...

Vale lembra galera que é bom fazer backup de tudo que for modificado pra evitar xabú... Não vão xingar minha mãe se der merda... :bleh:

Abraços, Márcio

Offline =FN=Eagle

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #4 Online: Fevereiro 02, 2005, 10:40:10 am »
Valeu ae Insoc.
Vou fazer um teste quando chegar em casa

Offline Maverick

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #5 Online: Fevereiro 02, 2005, 01:26:47 pm »
Pô, alguém podia dar uma traduzida, meu inglês é fraquíssimo, este ano estou pensando seriamente em começar um curso!!!

Offline =FN=Eagle

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #6 Online: Fevereiro 16, 2005, 03:23:54 pm »
Isso funciona mesmo, melhorou muito..
Valeu ae INSOC

Offline =INSOC=

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #7 Online: Fevereiro 16, 2005, 09:47:20 pm »
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaala Eagle...

Legal que tenha funcionado... Comigo tb funcionou...

Galera dos Falcões, como novo Líder dos VFA02 do Marinha (divisão Lomac) venho a convidar vcs a participar de vôos conosco de modo a aprimorar nossa recém formada divisão de Lo-Mac com o conhecimento da galera daqui... Que vcs acham?????

Me respondam e vamos marcar isso galera... Abração,

Márcio =*=INSOC Fresteiro

;)  ;)  

Offline =FN=Eagle

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #8 Online: Fevereiro 16, 2005, 10:57:21 pm »
Opa, claro INSOC, é so marcar e voaremos. Isso se a conex deixar hehe

Offline =FN=AirMan

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #9 Online: Fevereiro 17, 2005, 12:41:33 am »
Insoc,

Parabens pela promoçao ... tenho certeza q vc vai conseguir sucesso no comando da ala de vcs ...!!

Se quiser marcar alguma coop conte comigo ... !!

[ ]'s

B)  
... A grandeza não consiste em receber honras,e sim em merecê-las ...

Offline =INSOC=

• Membro Sr.
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #10 Online: Fevereiro 17, 2005, 07:47:50 pm »
Amigos Airman e Eagle...

Com certeza marcaremos vôos e mais vôos... Será o início de uma longa parceria entre os Falcõs da Marinha e os Falcões da Noite...

Abração ... E longa vida aos dois Esquadrões...

=*=INSOC
« Última modificação: Fevereiro 17, 2005, 07:48:39 pm por =*= INSOC »

Offline =FN=Eagle

• Pilotos
  • Membro Herói
    • Ver perfil
« Resposta #11 Online: Fevereiro 18, 2005, 08:26:48 am »
Issssaaaa. hehhe